My T.G.I.F. email just moved to Monday this week and I’m REALLY sorry because there was some Breaking News that you may have missed….Friday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
Now that may not rank high up on Google or Yahoo but in our world the Working Girls spoke of nothing else while we packed wine club shipments all day Friday (that’s why no email, I was pooped.)
So, I started the day asking Molly and Lisa what was their favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie? You know what brand, what store… they looked at me like “what planet are you from?”
Molly said it best, “Kathy, the best chocolate chip cookies are the ones you make, especially if you’re baking with girlfriends or family, especially my grandkids”.
Molly continued, “my favorite is oatmeal chocolate chip. Then she sighed and smiled… well maybe oatmeal double chocolate chip warm out of the oven”. She almost had a reverent look on her face. Lisa’s favorite was to add cherries and almonds to basically the same recipe.
Well, that’s all I could think of this weekend. I craved warm cookies. And, geez all I got was Cooking Stress! We all know I don’t cook but now I’m going to learn.
Friday night I had to make do with chocolate chips out of bag and, of course, our 2005 Syrah.
Oh yeah, I asked Lisa which one of our wines would she pair with chocolate chip cookies and she said incredulously, “Any of them!”
So I have a deal,
- Email me your best chocolate chip cookie recipe and why it should become the official cookie of us Working Girls. Pictures are always appreciated. email@example.com
- Include the name of your favorite Olympic Cellars wine that you would pair with your cookies, you are not limited to the Working Girl Wines
- Please include your full contact information.
- Molly, Lisa and I will judge the entries. I’ll even learn to bake…
- The winning recipe will be posted on our website and a Working Girl Goodie box full of lots of great items from our gift shop and the wine you “paired” with your cookies will be shipped to the winner.
- Deadline for entries: Sunday May 31
- Winner announced: Wednesday, June 17
Sound like a plan…
T.G.I.F. on Monday
P.s. If you need a really good wine to do some sample pairing, remember our double gold medal (or is that double chocolate) 2005 Syrah is our featured 30th Anniversary Wine in May.
Anniversary Price $17.49, regular price $24.99.
Click Here to Browse Wines