Consider this your personal invitation to join us at Olympic Cellars Winery this weekend, August 1 & 2 to celebrate our 30 th anniversary as a pioneer winery in Washington State and to honor our founder Gene Neuharth.
I'm one of those people that get all sappy about these types of occasions and want to share it with all of you that have supported the winery over the years. The weather is pretty much perfect, the mountains totally visible and an Adirondack chair on the patio is just waiting for you to slide into it with a glass of wine, lean back and just enjoy doing nothing!
- Saturday and Sunday, August 1-2 from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Music on the Patio from 1 - 5 p.m.
- Tours of the Winery
- View the memorabilia over the last 30 years
- Special Nibbles
- Wine Tastings of Benoit's Best
Saturday Night 8 p.m.
- Barn Dance with local favorite, Fat Chance
- Cover Charge, $5 donated to the Gynocare Fund that health care for uninsured and underinsured women and men.
- All our concerts in August are partnered with a non-profit who will received the cover as a donation from the winery
Sunday, August 2 11 a.m. , 6 p.m.
- Same as above but music stops at 3 p.m.
- 3 p.m. Reenactment of Gene Neuharth's weekly Poker Game with some of his old buddies
- You can buy in to the game for a small donation. All winnings go to Maria Neuharth's church, the Little Brown Church in Blyn, WA
- Maria used to cook for the "boys" and is bringing one of their favorite snacks
- Seven Cedars Casino is sending Annie Jagger, their poker manager, along with poker table, etc. to make this came official!
- Surrounding the Poker Game will be a gallery of chairs for your viewing comfort. This should be a hoot!
The anniversary weekend will feature the release of Neuharth's Legacy , a commemorative 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Cabernet Franc blend made with fruit from Champoux and Boushey Vineyards. In addition "The Heritage 4" will be available. This specially priced package features three original Neuharth wines, Dungeness Red , Dungeness White and the former Dungeness Rosé (now bottled under the Working Girl ® Rosé the Riveter label), as well as the Neuharth's Legacy release . Given the Sunday poker game, the 4-pak will be offered at a lucky $77.77 including tax.
Please join us,
Kathy, Molly, Lisa, Benoit
and Moakie (our barn cat) who was born in the original Neuharth winery barn in Sequim.
Moakie, our Winery Cat
Our small, black cat is as much a part of the heritage of Olympic Cellars as the historic barns which have become our winery homes. Read More of Moakie the Winery Cat's Story